All candidates, regardless of nationality, religion, ethnicity, creed, or socio-economic status are welcome to apply. Foreign nationals must be eligible for obtaining a visa to the Republic of Lebanon. SGUB-FM seeks a diverse input of backgrounds and capabilities to enrich its programs and develop physicians with wide-ranging skills and attitudes.
All applicants must have a Bachelor's degree (BA, BSc, or equivalent) from an accredited college or university in any undergraduate discipline.
SGUB-FM uses in its decision for admission the “15 Core Competencies for Entering Medical Students”, which have been endorsed by the American Association for Medical Colleges (AAMC) in the United States of America.
These competencies provide a framework for considering how the candidates’ work, activities, and life experiences demonstrate their readiness for medical school.
Successful medical school applicants are able to show that they possess skills, knowledge, and capabilities in the following 15 core competencies:
|Pre-Professional Competencies||Thinking and Reasoning Competencies||Science Competencies|
|Service orientation||Critical thinking||Living systems|
|Social skills||Quantitative reasoning||Human behavior|
|Ethical responsibility to self and others|
|Reliability and dependability|
|Resilience and adaptability|
|Capacity for improvement|
These competencies and are normally expressed, acquired, and assessed by:
1. Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
The MCAT is required of all applicants. Applicants must have a valid MCAT score within three years of application to SGUB-FM. The SGUB-FM Admissions Committee uses the total score and the scores in each of the four sections to rank the applicants.
2. The following undergraduate courses given by most universities:
a. Biology (8 credits):
BIOL201: General Biology and Evolution 4 cr.
BIOL310: Molecular Genetics & Genomics 4 cr. or BIOL210: Biochemistry 3 cr.
b. Chemistry (12 credits):
CHEM201: General Chemistry 4cr.
CHEM210: Organic Chemistry I 4 cr.
CHEM310: Organic Chemistry II 3 cr.
CHEM321: Chemistry Laboratory 1 cr.
c. Physics (9 credits):
PHYS201: Physics I 3 cr.
PHYS202: Physics II 3 cr.
PHYS310: Physics Laboratory 3 cr.
d. Humanities (6 credits):
CHUM201: Cultures and Humanities Exploration I 3 cr. Or CHUM202:
Cultures and Humanities Exploration II 3 cr.
SOCI201: Introduction to Sociology 3 cr.
3. Dates and deadlines
Application forms must be submitted online directly to the SGUB-FM Admissions and must be received no later than January 15 for early admissions and March 31st for regular admission of each year.
Candidates will be selected through a two-steps process.
Primary Selection includes: Total GPA (counts for 20%), Core GPA (counts for 30%), MCAT (counts for 40%), and extracurricular activities, the personal statement, and the letters of recommendation (count for 10%). Applicants will be ranked based on their primary review scores and the highest-ranking candidates will be invited for an interview.
The Admissions Committee reviews completed applications and selects qualified applicants for a Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) procedure at SGUB-FM. The candidate for interview will be informed of the date and venue of the interview.
The interview process will consist of two types of interviews: eight stations of MMI, and one station of traditional interview with two faculty members.
1. The total primary review score accounts for 60% of the final score of interviewed applicants.
2. The total interviews score accounts for 40% of the final score of interviewed applicants.
Applicants will be notified of the decision once taken.
1. Certified copy of your Bachelor’s degree or Diploma (or equivalence from the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education)
2. Transcript of grades of all completed courses certified by your university’s Registrar’s office
3. Valid MCAT score. If you have taken the MCAT more than once, SGUB-FM will only consider the higher score.
4. Evidence of proficiency in English language (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT) for Applicants from non-English speaking universities. English proficiency test score SAT-EBRW, TOEFL or IELTS (only if degree is from a non-English speaking university)
5. High School Diploma or Secondary School Certificate (Lebanese Baccalaureate or its equivalence certified from the Lebanese Ministry of Education).
6. Copy of Identity Card or Passport.
7. A recent passport-sized photo.
8. Letters of recommendation: applicants are expected to have three formal letters of recommendations submitted by providing SGUB-FM with the contact information of the recommenders. Directly by the recruiter to the admissions office email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
9. Personal Statement explaining reasons for application to SGUB FM and a CV detailing your extracurricular activities
10. Application fee of 80 USD