Students applying to transfer from another institution to SGUB must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be transferring from a recognized institution of higher learning where they have successfully completed one year (24 credits).
- Have met the minimum requirements for admission to SGUB when they applied to the institution from which they are transferring.
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.00.
- Be in good academic standing, that is, not academically suspended or dismissed from the previous institution.
Transfer student applicants need to submit:
- An Application Form.
- A non-refundable application fee.
- A recent passport-sized photo (as recent as 3 months).
- A copy of the identity card or passport.
- Official transcripts of grades and course descriptions from the previously attended institutions of higher learning.
- Students transferring from another institution of higher education where English is not the major language of instruction must take an English Proficiency Exam and achieve the required score for admission.
Transfer student guidelines:
- A maximum of 50 percent of the credits completed at another institution can be considered for transfer.
- Only courses with minimum scores of “C” are transferable.
- Courses accepted for transfer must be relevant to the program of study. Relevance is determined by a comparison, between the other institution and SGUB, of course topics and learning outcomes.
- Recommendations on awarding transfer credits are made by the appropriate Academic Department at SGUB.
SGUB offers priority consideration to early applicants with the highest qualifications who have the required test scores.
Early admission is offered to highly qualified students but not considered final until all required documents are received by registration dates.
All of the early applications will be considered by the Admissions Committee within 8 weeks of receipt. Fall Early Admission Acceptances will be issued by the end of March.
English is the major language of instruction at SGUB. All applicants should demonstrate an adequate level of English Proficiency prior to enrollment.
Applicants who do not attain the minimum required English proficiency scores but meet other SGUB admission standards and requirements, will be admitted, but must complete the Intensive English program.
Accepted applicants for the Fall semester will be asked to make a commitment by providing a $300 enrollment deposit by June 30. This deposit is deducted from the tuition of students once they enroll.
The Admission Application is valid for one academic year; hence the acceptance letter is valid for the current/12 months.