The ICTO at Saint George University of Beirut (SGUB) invites highly qualified individuals to submit their applications for:
Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Reports to: ICTO - Director
The IT Support Specialist offers user guidance and initial support by assisting in problem resolution. Additionally, they may serve as a field support resource on an occasional or as-needed basis.
* Provide front-line technical support to university staff, faculty, and students.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues.
* Provide technical software and hardware support and informal training for users on basic IT tools and procedures.
* Carry out computer hardware installation in the various University departments. Includes surveying site to ensure adequate electrical and communication outlets.
* Install and configure computer operating systems, application software and patches. Includes checking requirements, installing, configuring, and testing software according to IT internal procedures. Documents installation process.
* Maintain an inventory of IT equipment and assets and carry out periodical or on-demand rounds in different units of the University to collect PC performance survey, user satisfaction survey and other needed information.
* Communicate effectively with end-users and escalate issues as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems or a related field.
* Experience: Minimum 1-2 years users’ support and technical experience in hardware and software maintenance.
* IT certifications (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician ...) are a plus.
* Proficient in English and Arabic.
* English Comprehension: Present written and verbal messages in an advanced English level.
Candidates with the required profile should submit their CVs, to email@example.com by December 15 2023.
Email subject should indicate position being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Join our mailing list