The Office for Advancement & Business Development invites highly qualified individuals to submit their Applications for:
Job Title: Manager - Advancement Services
Reports to: Vice President - Advancement and Business Development (VPABD)
Lead and oversee the strategic and operational aspects of the Advancement Services area, ensuring seamless day-to-day operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to database management and maintenance, advancement reporting, efficient gift recording and processing, fostering strong donor relations, conducting thorough prospect research, generating lists, and managing other relevant systems.
Contributes to fundraising initiatives by managing various aspects of the advancement process:
1. Executes daily data and gift entry, overseeing gift receipting, and gift acknowledgment processes.
2. Serves as the primary administrator for the advancement CRM (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT), for fundraising and prospect management.
3. Continuously improves the quality of alumnae/i and donor data.
4. Ensures compliance with fundraising policies, goals, and procedures.
5. Produces gift, pledge, and endowment reports and serves as the liaison with Finance for posting of all gifts and pledges and the creation of all new funds.
6. Supervises and evaluates staff engaged in gift processing and data management, including report preparation, systems documentation, records maintenance, and ensuring timely and efficient processing of gifts.
7. Selects and prepares data for solicitations, pledge reminders; generates and tracks responses to pledge reminders and solicitations.
8. Proactively supports the stewardship actions of the Advancement staff’s gift portfolios by coordinating stewardship plans for donors and prospects in their respective portfolios, including reporting on endowed scholarships and other endowment income.
9. Uses data analytics to derive insights, track fundraising metrics, and generates reports to support decision-making and strategy development.
10. Provides regular and ad-hoc reports to stakeholders regarding fundraising progress and outcomes.
11. Develops and implements stewardship programs to engage and recognize donors, fostering enduring relationships.
12. Ensures timely acknowledgment of donor contributions, aligning with ethical standards and legal regulations.
13. Designs, writes, and edits fundraising reports that facilitate the achievement and analysis of all fundraising and constituent relations goals.
14. Produces targeted mailing lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, and other outreach efforts for Development staff and various constituents.
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience working in Advancement/Development for higher education or a nonprofit; may be substituted with equivalent or similar experience in another relevant work environment.
• A master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in philanthropic operations, with a focus on gift processing and constituent management. Experience in a mid-size advancement division and working on large giving campaigns is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of fundraising and data analysis
• Knowledge of and prior use of Blackbaud's Raiser’s Edge (preferred)
• A comprehensive understanding of Advancement Services as a functional area, including gift processing, stewardship, donor relations, customer service, prospect management, information security, and data maintenance.
• Comprehensive understanding of philanthropic operations and best practices, including CASE standards and applicable IRS regulations for philanthropic giving.
Candidates with the required profile should submit their CVs , to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 26, 2024.
Email subject should indicate position being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Join our mailing list