Residency and Fellowship programs
Current as of January 2023
The 2023-2024 residency and fellowship applications are now open at SGUB.
All applicants should take careful note of the following:
- This website, and all emails received from SGUB team are the only source of official information to be followed;
- Admission to all programs is by competitive selection and meeting the eligibility criteria to apply; a program having a vacant seat does not guarantee selection;
- Our team will not reply to emails regarding individual application status. For avoidance of doubt, all applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed per our review timeline, and all applications which are eligible are forwarded to the programs for their consideration.
- All applicants will be informed of their application outcome through email in the Spring of 2023.
SGUB in affiliation with SGHUMC offers 28 medical and surgical residency and fellowship training programs to date including both categorical and preliminary tracks:
- Residency Programs
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Fellowship Programs*
Hematology and Medical Oncology
Pulmonary Diseases & Intensive Care Medicine
* Applicants for the fellowship program should have completed three years of Internal Medicine
- Our residency training programs range in duration from three to six years.
- We recruit to our programs through a single annual intake, with selected trainees joining their programs the following July.
• Successful candidates should exhibit strong qualifications for the specialty they wish to pursue;
• In order to be eligible to apply for our residency/ fellowship training programs, applicants should meet the following prerequisites requirements:
A. Certified copy of equivalence of the Medical Diploma from the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE);
B. Evidence of the following exams:
IFOM or USMLE exam results
English Proficiency Tests: TOEFL and/or IELTS (for applicants coming from non-English teaching universities)
Applicants still undergoing exams (IFOM & TOEFL exam results, USMLE, English Proficiency Exam scores, or any other pending application document) shall submit a confirmation of the test date of their exams. The deadline to submit all relevant examination scores is April 30, 2023.
How to apply
1. Applicants meeting the eligibility requirements should complete all parts of the application form (link to access the application form) prior to submission, and attach all required documents, Clinical Exams and English language proficiency examination scores.
2. The complete file should be submitted to SGUB Office of Admissions before April 30, 2023;
3. Incomplete or overdue applications cannot be considered and processed for selection;
4. Applicants selected for interview are contacted by email following file screening and filtering.
- All documents submitted for admission are the property of the University and may not be reclaimed by the applicant;
- All required scores and results must be valid at the time of application;
- Your application is valid only for the academic year and the residency/fellowship program to which they are being made;
- All applications are considered by the University without discrimination against race, religion nationality, creed, sex or physical handicaps.
All inquiries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org